FaceTime Not Working: FaceTime is a video calling service that supports iOS and Mac device. It enables the users to make video calls to their near and dear ones. The software works seamlessly on all iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch models and Mac computers (with OS X 10.7 Snow Leopard and later). Being a popular software, FaceTime used by a larger number of users spread across the globe. And someone in such a large user base is bound to have some problem with the software. Users have come across all sorts of problems. More than often a Google search on FaceTime leads to the query FaceTime not working.
Various people had come up with all sorts of problem while trying to use Apple’s free video chat service. And people are frustrated Googling questions like – why is FaceTime not working? This post is going to help you solve all your FaceTime problems. But before that one needs to know properly, how to set up FaceTime and how to use FaceTime. It’s only after you know about these two, can you move forward and see where you are going wrong, so that your problem is solved automatically. If not then there are a number other problems that we are going to address here. Take a look below.
Facetime Not Working: Root of the Problems
Here we are going to take a look at the problems of FaceTime and post their solutions below. Note that FaceTime is not available in all countries or regions. Usually users face issues with FaceTime when the iOS isn’t upgraded. So make sure that your device has the latest version of iOS, or when you haven’t installed the software properly. So if you are having the problem of “Facetime not working” then first update you iOS version to the latest update.
FaceTime Not Working – How to Solve
Can’t receive or make calls as FaceTime not working. What to do?
- Make sure you’re connected to the internet (Wi-Fi). If you’re facing restricted internet access then learn more about router, firewall, or security software here.
- Over cellular, you’ll have to make sure you’re Cellular Data in ‘on’. Go to Settings > Cellular > Use Cellular Data For, and turn on FaceTime. And go to Settings > FaceTime and make sure FaceTime is turned on.
- Restart device your device.
- Turn FaceTime back on and start using it.
What If you didn‘t receive your verification or reset email?
- Do a quick search for the email.
- Make sure you’re using the primary email address.
- Resend a reset email repeat the steps to reset your password or security questions. You’ll receive the email once again.
- Then hopefully you’ll receive the email. But if you’re still facing problems then contact Apple Support.
FaceTime is excellent video calling software and there are loads of FaceTime users across the globe. So it’s pretty unlikely that a big problem like ‘FaceTime not working’ will persist for long. Apple will take care of it. But if you’re facing a problem for a long time then try setting up the FaceTime all over again. Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below. And don’t forget to check out our other posts on FaceTime.