How to use Facetime: Like all other social networking and messaging apps, Facetime also is a social networking site which meant only for Apple products. It is an app that allows you to make both audio and video calls. Apart from this, you can also share data, images, etc. through this app. So, one can connect, hang out, joke around and stay in touch with just a click. It makes us feel happy and secure when we get to hear the voice of our close ones who stay far away from us. At the end of the day, that’s what relieves you of all your tiredness.
So friends, if you are using an Apple product, and if you are not yet accustomed to this superb app that brings you close to your loved ones who stay at a far distance from you, then don’t worry. This article will help you out to know that how is Facetime used and how does it work.
Following are the steps which will lead you to the answer to your question “How to use Facetime?”
How to use Facetime? (Simple and Easy Guide)
Using Facetime on iPhone
- Click on the ‘Phone’ button on your home page
- Then go to the ‘contacts’ option which would allow you to browse through the contact list of your phone
- Find a friend who is also on Facetime and click on that contact
- Go to the ‘facetime’ option in the middle of the screen to connect
- As soon as you connect to that friend of yours’ the call will connect using the internet. So make sure you have enough data balance on your number
- Once your friend receives the call, you can see each other, which means you are making a video call. However, if make a choice of making an audio call, you can also go for that option.
- You can switch the call from video to audio and vice-versa during the call. However, both you and your friend have to make the switch
- For ending, the call hit the red button in the middle of the screen
- For changing the camera angle, (switching from front to rear camera and vice-versa) hit on the camera icon
- For putting the call on mute, that is to make yourself inaudible to your friend, hit the mic option on the right-hand side bottom corner of the screen
Using Facetime on Mac, iPad, iPod touch
- Press the Facetime icon on the home page
- Now the contact list on your device will appear. Now tap on the respective contact entry you want to connect
- Once both of you and your friend are on the call, you can see each other’s face
- The rest of the process is similar to that of the call on iPhone
So that was how one could use the trending app Facetime on Apple device. Now as far as Facetime is concerned as an app, it is a very much new one for many. So definitely there are some such questions such as how to use FaceTime which commonly arise in all our minds.
Frequently asked questions
How to set up Facetime?
Whenever we start or think of accessing a new app, the first question that arises in our mind is that, after downloading the app, what is the procedure to set up that app on our phone. Well! The answer to this question is as simple as using the app. Still for a proper guidance, here we provide you with the answers to all your queries. The steps to set up Facetime are as follows:
- Tap on the Settings option of your phone
- Scroll down to the Facetime option
- Tap the “Use your Apple ID for Facetime”You can also set the Use Cellular Data option to ON if you wish to make Facetime calls outside of a Wi-Fi network
- Enter your Apple ID and password (if you don’t have your Apple ID then create a new one)
- Then sign in and tap on the respective email id of your friends whom you want to associate with your Facetime account
- If you have one Apple ID but want to have multiple people be able to access Facetime on their devices, you can tap the “Add an Email” link and add the email address. This email address will be linked to your Apple ID, and can then be used to receive Facetime calls.
- It may take few moments to turn on. If the slider is not ready to turn on then Toggle to do the same
- Now your Facetime is turned on, and you can be contacted by the friends whom you have selected
So, weren’t the steps very simple and easy to understand? Friends, now your Facetime account is all set to be accessed, and you are ready to enjoy the exciting features of the app.
Does Facetime use minutes?
Whenever we use an app, the first thing that we think of is that can we use that app free of charge? Is the app access free? Or does it cost any charge? First of all the thing that everybody should know is that Facetime is such an app which can be accessed free. Though the calling features are similar to those of standard phone calls which use minutes, the Facetime is such an app which uses only the internet connection of your phone to let you make the call. The only thing that must be kept in mind before accessing the app is that there should be enough of data balance on your phone. This is because, whenever all such apps which allow us to make the calls consume a big portion of the data. So if we are using a data package of a certain limit, then it is better to keep the frequency of use of Facetime under a check. So guys; that was it. Facetime doesn’t use your calling minutes, but your mobile data.
Does Facetime use data?
As already mentioned above, the app Facetime does not use our phone minutes. The Facetime traffic is considered as another form of data consumption. Whenever we make a call on Facetime, data is consumed from the balance of the one who is dialing the number. The balance of the person, who is just the call receiver, is not counted upon. This process is similar to those of the standard calls we make from our phones. The only difference and the area that makes the Facetime calls far better than the normal phone calls are that, even though it uses the internet and consumes a lot of it, the Facetime allows you to make calls from any corner of the world and connect anywhere. In normal calls, the rate differs from a distance to distance. The rate of ISD, STD and local calls are different. Whereas the Facetime calls being charged from your data balance makes no different call rates even if you call somebody staying in some other country.
Also Read: FaceTime for Android (Possible?)
Is Facetime free?
The biggest advantage of smartphones is that it allows you to use many apps totally free of any charge. So the same thing goes for Facetime. It is nothing but just another app that lets the Apple users make free calls both audio and video. The app is exclusively for Apple devices, and it comes free. The calls that are made using Facetime do not charge your main calling balance. The calls are charged from the data pack of your phone. Phone numbers here are treated mainly as addresses on the Facetime Network. The data cost of calling is deducted primarily from the one who is making the call. The person on the other end bears no charge of the same. However, you will be charged from the main balance of your phone if you switch to Facetime call from a cellular call when you are in the middle of it. The mobile call will be disconnected in favour of the Facetime call. The voice portion of the call will be counted from the main balance and the Facetime portion from the data pack.
So that was a little know-how of the trending app Facetime. We hope that we could answer all your questions like How to use FaceTime correctly and the information would help you out if you have been facing trouble to access the app. Now that you have got your queries answered, enjoy using the app.